CONDITIONS AND TERMS OF LIBRARY INTERNET USE:
1. To use the Internet, you must have a Mary L. Cook Public Library card or a staff-issued Internet guest pass, with a signed Acceptable Use Form on file.
2. Parents and guardians who are concerned about their children’s use of the Internet should provide guidance to their own children.
3. Use of the Internet workstations is on a first-come, first-serve basis and scheduled in 30 minute intervals.
4. Internet computer workstations will be shut down fifteen minutes before the library closes.
5. Due to prevalence of computer viruses on public workstations, all portable storage devices must be scanned by staff prior to use at a workstation.
6. Use of the Internet computer workstations is limited to one customer at a time unless otherwise permitted by the librarian on-duty. This will ensure that all users have signed in and that a quiet atmosphere is observed.
7. Users are not permitted to add, delete, or modify the installed hardware or software of the Library’s Internet computer workstations. Users are not allowed to modify or gain access to files, passwords, or other data on the Library computer. All users are liable if they permanently or temporarily damage any equipment or software.
8. Providing connections to global information, services, and networks is not the same as selecting and purchasing material for a library collection. Determining the accuracy or authenticity of electronic information may present special problems. It is, therefore, the responsibility of each user to determine what is appropriate.
9. The Library’s Internet computer workstations will be used for educational, informational, and recreational purposes only, not for unauthorized, illegal, or unethical purposes. Be mindful and respect the rights of other customers, particularly children, not to be inadvertently exposed to material and images they, or their parents, may find personally unsuitable. You may not send, receive, or display text or graphics which may reasonably be construed as obscene. Access to and/or display of obscene language and sexually explicit graphics and materials, as defined in sections 2907.01 and 2907.31 of the Ohio Revised Code, are prohibited.
10. Misuse of the Library’s Internet computer workstations or violation of this policy will result in loss of Internet privileges.
11. Patrons who owe the library $10.00 or more will not be permitted to use Library services which require a library card, including the Internet, until the balance is paid.